Our charity - Saint Francis Hospice
Balgores Leasing is proudly supporting Saint Francis Hospice by donating £5 for every vehicle leased. Saint Francis Hospice provides care and support to people, in the local community, living with a life limiting illness.
Saint Francis Hospice is an independent charity and one of the largest adult hospices in the UK.
It serves the population of Brentwood, Havering, Barking & Dagenham and Redbridge, helping around 4,000 people each year affected by life limiting illnesses.
It delivers excellent care and support at home, in the local communities and at the hospice and all its services are provided free of charge.
It costs £10.3 million a year to run the hospice and as it only receives 27% of funding from the NHS, it needs to raise £7.3 million through fundraising and donations.
Saint Francis Hospice….did you know that in 2014 and 2015:
- A total of 1,523 patients were cared for by the hospice.
- The Hospice at Home team looked after 469 patients and made a total of 2,670 visits.
- Currently 84% of people under our care die at home.
- We provide support to patients and their families, including children, for as long as they need us and our Bereavement Service supported 437 people, including 91 children.
- The Specialist Community and Crisis Support Service held 11,933 face to face consultations with patients, relatives or carers.
- Our Occupational Therapy team also held 2,269 face to face consultations with patients, relatives or carers.
- There were 1,309 hospice staff and a further 1,135 visitors who attended training programmes at the Pepperell Education Centre.
For more information see sfh.org.uk