As a sales executive, your role is to generate profit by selling vehicles via a number of funding options within the company framework. As such, you have a very important part to play in the company's success.
Your typical activities will be
- Developing leads generated by advertising to generate business.
- Looking for new leads by cold calling.
- Gathering market information and working out deals to promote
- Promoting deals in the most appropriate way
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations, and providing customers with quotations.
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Liaising with suppliers to check on the progress of existing orders
- You may also be involved with identifying new markets and business opportunities.
- Recording sales and order information
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Attending team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues.
Hours and Environment
Your official working hours will be 8.30 -5.30 but you may need to work longer to achieve targets. You will be based in our sales office in Romford, although you may need to visit customers from time to time, so it is essential to have a full, clean driving licence.
Skills and Interests
To be a sales executive you'll need to have:
- The ability and desire to sell.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- A confident and determined approach.
- Resilience, and the ability to cope with rejection.
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The capacity to flourish in a competitive environment
- The ability to retain a lot relevant information and using it to benefit your customers and employer
- Good IT skills
There will be a short induction course that covers products and sales administration. Training will also include selling techniques, such as how to sell, how to deal with potential objections and how to close sales. After induction, you'll spend some time in training, without any pressure to meet targets. You'll then be expected to get up to speed quickly and meet individual targets.
Basic + Commission